Warm and inviting, this furry blanket will bring comfort and warmth to your home. These blankets will give warmth, protection, and comfort to those affected by calamities.
Machine washable, the blanket is just what you need to get through those chilly afternoons. The blanket is just what they need to get through those chilly times of calamities.
Handcrafted with high-quality materials, it is a perfect choice for gifting to someone special on any occasion.
Purchasing this will also help provide stable jobs to the home-based local artisans.
Located along the typhoon belt in the Pacific, the Philippines is visited by an average of 20 typhoons every year, five of which are destructive. Being situated in the “Pacific Ring of Fire” makes it vulnerable to frequent earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Its geographical location and physical environment also contribute to its high susceptibility to tsunami, sea-level rise, storm surges, landslides, flood/flash flood/flooding, and drought.
In 2020, BCFI responded to the victims of Taal Eruption, Fire incidents in Tondo, Typhoon Ambo in Eastern Samar, Typhoon Ulysses in Marikina and Cagayan Valley, and the Pandemic. A typical relief pack consists of a few kilos of rice, canned goods, coffee, sugar, and milk. But during our operation, most of the organizations will give the essential foods and believe that they also need nonfood essentials like blankets, tents, and sleeping mats.
BCFI is partnering with corporate and SMEs like EL Katre, a company with a heart for the environment, community, and people. They make creative and sustainable home décor by saving deadstock and clipping fabrics out of the landfill. They will be our partners in creating a blanket for calamity victims.
The word Blanket is synonymous with warmth, shelter, and comfort. These blankets will give warmth, protection, and comfort to those affected by calamities. This will also help provide stable jobs to the home-based local artisan.
- To raise awareness of our Advocacy on Calamity and Disaster response.
- To create a partnership with Corporates and Small-Medium enterprises.
- To provide blankets to the victims affected by calamities.
- To sell 1,000 sets of blankets.
How it works:
- Blankets are sold as Buy 1 Donate 1.
- Each donated blanket will be put in the donation storage.
- Donated blankets will be distributed during relief operations when a calamity hits the Philippines.
- BCFI will lead the logistics for this program, from selling the blankets to distribution to the beneficiary.
- Our priority beneficiary is the victims where the Canossian communities are located.
- Areas where we have network organizations.
- Area being hit by the calamity.